Sorry this post is a couple days late. I’ve been busy with school and stuff but I said I would post it so here it is.
My friend brought me this Choco Banana Flavored Pocky so I took it to school with me as a snack.
I think I like it? It was something new and unusual to say the least. It had an interesting flavor to it. That’s for sure.
And I decided, while on my quest to becoming a better cook, to try and make homemade pizza for once.
It took me a hell of a long time to find all the ingredients in the supermarket because they’re so spread out everywhere but with the help of a very patient and nice deli worker I was able to get everything that I needed. I need to pick up some thyme the next time around but all in all it turned out pretty good! It was a pretty simple and straight forward recipe and I didn’t really have to worry about messing up too much.
So here is what I did~
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. Cut the Italian sausage into manageable sizes and cook on stove until browned and then take off and let it cool.
3. Spread the tomato sauce on the premade pizza crust leaving 1 1/2 inch for the crust. Then season with salt, pepper, oregano, basil and you can/should use thyme if you have it. If you don’t it’s okay too.
4. Spread an even layer of Mozzarella cheese on the sauce and then top with Pepperoni and Italian Sausage.
5. Put the pizza in the oven and let bake for 8-10 minutes or until crust is brown and crispy.
And then it should be good to go!
Excuse the finger shot. It happens. What are you gonna do?
I ended up making two pizzas and now that I kind of know what I’m doing, I’m going to make pizzas more often! Tomato basil pizza here I come!!!!
It’s just such a pain to drive to the supermarket in Hawaii. I swear if I drive down one more one way street I am going to lose my GOD DAMN MIND! …If I haven’t already.
Got some Ohagi from Ala Moana so I could have it as dessert! I love this stuff!
For those of you who don’t know Ohagi is a Japanese treat that is usually served during Obon and it is made out of a sweet rice ball in the middle with a red bean coating on the outside. It is delicious!
I’ll do more sports coverage and stuff soon too. I think I’ve just been bummed since the Broncos lost and since the Lakers have been doing just horrendously. It is what it is. You win some and you lose some.