Turns out my hair stylist’s favorite cookies are Snickerdoodle! Score!
My hair turned out amazing too! (Mostly because I didn’t wait FOREVER to get it touched up).
So here’s the recipe that I used:
It says it makes 4 dozen cookies but I make my cookies a little bigger AND Mark ate most of the batter.
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix 1 1/2 cups of sugar, butter, shortening and eggs in a large bowl.
If you need to soften the butter, about 13-15 seconds or so in the microwave should be good.
Mix until well blended.
3. In a smaller bowl combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
4. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
5. On a plate mix the 1/4 cup of sugar and the cinnamon together.
6. Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and then roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. You can make the dough balls a little bigger if you want bigger cookies.
7. Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
8. Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes or until set. Make sure to remove the cookies from the sheet to either a wire rack or some newspaper to let them cool. If you keep them on the cookie sheet for too long the bottoms will get a little overcooked and hard.